Raglan Road Irish Pub

Raglan Road logoStraight up, I can already tell you I’m pretty much going to be drooling the entire time I’m putting this post together. Not only because the food in the pictures is delish, but because I’m daydreaming back to the day it was sitting right in front of my face. I’m talking about Raglan Road Irish Pub, a strangely authentic, yet tourist-geared Irish restaurant/pub located in Downtown Disney.

I love what the restaurant states on their website:

“There’s only one wee problem with 99.9% of the Irish pubs in America. They’re not Irish. Oh, they use green tablecloths and put dainty shamrocks on the menu – some even say Slainte. But to be a true Irish pub, you need to be from Ireland.”

Pretty much spot on.

I’ve never been a huge fan of the very traditional Irish eating (i.e., “fish & chips”, cabbage, etc.); however, I’ve always had a soft spot–literally–for Shepherd’s Pie (sometimes referred to as Cottage Pie). When I saw this on Raglan Road’s menu, and also upon the strong recommendation of one of my dining companions, the deal was sealed for me. Check it:

Shepherd's Pie I
Shepherd's Pie II
Looks amazing, right? And definitely not the Shepherd’s Pie you know or are familiar with. It was so tasty, the meat almost having a sweet aftertaste. I literally had dreams about this, and would certainly make a special trip out to “that area” simply to have it again.

I honestly can’t even remember what my dinner companions had because I was so focused on my own plate. I believe it was a roast something or other…. But there’s lots to choose from at Raglan. They don’t really have a menu listed on their website but there are a few photos here, which you can check out before making your trip to the Downtown Disney area.

Location deets:

Raglan Road Irish Pub
1640 E Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

RaglanRoad

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Food, Tourism & Travel

8 Comments on “Raglan Road Irish Pub”

1. Tuesday, 8 July 2014 at 9:12 pm #

Love this place too was pleasantly surprised at the good service and even better food. A must stop next time I’m at WDW.

• Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 5:36 am #

Exactly my feelings as well. As a local I think this is definitely somewhere I could go a few times a year.

2. Mark
    Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 4:05 am #

Actually, Shepherd’s Pie & Cottage Pie aren’t alternative names for the same thing: Shepherd’s Pie uses lamb and Cottage Pie uses beef. Other ingredients may vary to a greater or lesser extent of course🙂

• Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 5:37 am #

Hey, I learned something new! Good to know; I should’ve researched that more. I’d love both.

3. Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 6:55 am #

I love their soda bread with Guinness reduction. And they do have an online menu for anyone interested: http://www.raglanroad.com/stuff-yourself (the various menus are on the left top sidebar). Their Sunday brunch is great and Cooke’s of Dublin, the counter service restaurant on the side is good, too. If you want to bust a gut, try Cooke’s deep fried Snickers bar.

• Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 9:06 am #

Thanks for the comment, Michelle, and for the link. Apparently I didn’t do enough digging around on the site! I’ll definitely have to take a look before heading out for my next adventure.

• Wednesday, 9 July 2014 at 9:29 pm #

The way they have the site laid out, it’s hard to notice the top left navigation of the menus. It looks pretty but isn’t very functional. LOL

4. Thursday, 10 July 2014 at 10:12 am #

@Michelle Yeah, I don’t have much patience when it comes to things like that. If I can’t find it in a matter of seconds I walk away. I should probably look around a little more in the future just for the benefit of our readers!