Ice skating in Central Florida

Yup, I said ice skating in Central Florida. It is right on the Indian River in Historic Cocoa Village, in a tent with with a floor of ice. According to my source it only costs $7 (not sure if this is for all ages, or just for adults)! Skating on a river? Sounds like fun to me.

ice skating

For additional information about this temporary ice rink click here. I might not personally get to make it over to Cocoa to enjoy this event, but if anyone else does please feel free to share your feelings here!

Thanks to @eringoesgreen (https://pulseofcentralflorida.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/people-pulse-erin-goes-green/) for sharing this.

Tags:

Categories: Entertainment

6 Comments on “Ice skating in Central Florida”

1. Sunday, 30 November 2008 at 2:51 pm #

That looks fun! I love that you can look out the window and see the palm trees and the water.

2. Sunday, 30 November 2008 at 3:27 pm #

@Carri You know, I didn’t even consider the humor in that. Not too many places in the world you can ice skate and look at palm trees!

Thanks for pointing that out.

3. DDWordNerd
    Sunday, 30 November 2008 at 5:03 pm #

Here’s another great place to ice skate here in Central Florida – along some other free entertainment for the holiday:

Might be a little closer than Cocoa as well.

4. Sunday, 30 November 2008 at 5:11 pm #

@DDWordNerd I didn’t even know! Definitely closer than Cocoa.

Thanks!

5. Monday, 1 December 2008 at 1:03 pm #

My mum would not believe this. Just emailed her this. The Ice at Gaylord is always amazing as well…

6. Monday, 1 December 2008 at 5:26 pm #

@Orlando Appraisal Very cool…literally! Ha ha ha! Glad we could provide you with this information.